Event Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Young People's Tour 2018
Saturday, June 2, 2018, 8:00 AM until Sunday, June 3, 2018, 5:00 PM
Pine Creek Trail
is required before May 31, 2018
About the Event
The Young People's Tour is a great opportunity for kids and their parents to ride a longer distance than they might ever have done - in a safe, low-traffic setting. Riders cover about thirty miles each day on an out-and-back course - this year we return to the beautiful Pine Creek Rail Trail nearWellsboro, PA. Meandering through the "Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania", this trail follows a very flat route along the creek, which for the most part is far from any vehicular traffic. You will probably see some bald eagles!
This tour always fills quickly, so don't wait to register! For questions about registration, please contact Ted Caldwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to make this event happen, we need volunteers! In addition to small tasks like meal prep and cleanup (on which we hope everyone will pitch in), we need several adult volunteers willing to commit a full day to help out with key tasks. This means that you will be able to ride with your family one day of the tour, and perform your volunteer tasks on the other day.
To sign up for a volunteer role, please visit the Volunteering
page and scroll down to the Young People's Tour 2018 volunteering opportunity.
Note that all key volunteers, including the organizers, are required to register and pay for the tour.
Instructions for Registering
- You must be an FLCC member to register, and everyone participating in the tour must be registered under your FLCC account.
- If you're not a member yet, you can sign up here.
- If you are a member, you can review your account status here (this will open your profile page in a new browser window).
- Young people should be entered in your account under Family Members.
- Each participant in your group must be registered and paid for separately.
- To register additional participants, select the option "I'm Already Registered and I'm Registering Someone Else"
- On the next step, select "Add Guest to Registration"
- In the Add Guest dialog, select the "Add Another Member" tab
- Select any additional spouses/partners/family members by selecting the "Member" option beside each name
- After registering each participant, you will have an option to pay immediately or wait until later. If you select the latter option, you can revisit your unpaid registrations by clicking on the red dollar-sign icon in the top right corner of the page. You must pay for any registrations within 30 minutes, or they will be automatically cancelled.
- If you wish to request a scholarship, please register and pay the fee, then contact us to request a refund of your registration fee.
The rest of the registration process should be self-explanatory.
By registering for this event, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
I accept responsibility for the condition of my bicycle and agree to the wearing of a helmet at all times while bicycling on this trip for myself and everyone in my group. I do hereby waive for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns all claims and rights for damages I might have against the Finger Lakes Cycling Club, its agents, representatives and assigns for any and all injuries suffered by me, including death, or for damage to bicycle or other personal property, while participating in any races, tours, or other activities organized by the Finger Lakes Cycling Club. This pertains to travel to and from the starting point of all such activities. I further certify that I, or anyone in my group, have no physical defects or weaknesses that might make participation in these activities harmful to me. If there are minors in my group, then, I, the minor's parent and/or legal guardian, understand the nature of bicycling activities and the minor's experience and capabilities and believe the minor to be qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such activity.