Event Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Black Diamond Trail To T'burg and Back
Saturday, May 5, 2018, 10:00 AM until 3:00 PM
Ithaca Children's Garden, Cass Park
121 Turtle Lane
Ithaca, NY 14850
is not Required
Come join the first Saturday ride of the season! It is an easy up and back route to Trumansburg. The majority of the route is on the Black Diamond Trail, and if you do not wish to do the whole ride you can turn around at the end of the trail and head back to to the start.
We'll gather at the Boatyard Grill patio at approximately 12:30 after the ride to enjoy the sunshine and discuss upcoming recreational weekend rides.
View route on RideWithGPS
Ride Requirements and Recommendations
All riders must come equipped with the following items:
- Bicycle pump or CO2 cartridges
- Spare inner tube
- Tire levers
- At least one water bottle
- Energy bars or similar snacks
- Cue sheet or route downloaded to phone or GPS. The calendar event will include a link to the RideWithGPS route
The following items are highly recommended:
- Rear bicycle light
- Cell phone
- Clipless pedals
- Riders must know how to change a flat tire.
- Bicycles must be in good working condition.
- All riders should watch for stragglers and wait for them at turns on the route and at the top of long climbs.